Finally, the Unity has been completed! Dave and I have completed our Powerbuilder program for you. We started working on this last year. We built it, revised it, then revised it again. It took us a long time, but I think you’ll find that it was worth the wait!
In the DC Universe, there are three “Mother Boxes” that when combined form a “Unity”. The Unity is an extremely powerful singular box that essentially allows you to take over the world and make it your own. We are not necessarily shooting for world domination, but we are shooting to conquer a worldwide lack of muscular development and strength. We will beat puniness and weakness once and for all as we combine bodybuilding and powerlifting to form the ultimate “Unity”.
What is Powerbuilding?
Powerbuilding simply means intelligently combing some aspects of powerlifting and bodybuilding together. Generally, this will mean:
1. Using the big 3 lifts as the foundation of the program – squat, bench, deadlift
2. Max effort work – Incorporating specific heavy lower rep range targets more common to powerlifting
3. Dynamic effort work – Incorporating some medium weight dynamic speed work that powerlifters use for rate of force development
4. Using isolation work that is more common for bodybuilders
5. Using more of a variety of movements in order to achieve maximal development of each muscle group common for both powerlifters and bodybuilders
6. Incorporating medium to high rep pump work more specific to bodybuilding
Combine all this intelligently, and you get powerbuilding.
Here is what the training split looks like. The hardest days are days 4 and 5 so having 2 days of rest after is very beneficial.
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5||Day 6||Day 7|
|Back / Pull||Lower w/
w/ Max Effort
We are super proud of this program and think that you’ll be very challenged by it, and as a result will grow and get stronger!
Let’s get to work!