Yam Apple Almond Pancakes (YAA-Cakes!)by John Meadows on May 28, 2014
- 3 free range organic large eggs
- 1/3 cup crunchy or smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup yam puree (steam yam, then blender or magic bullet it to make puree)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Splenda or Stevia to taste
- 1 cup of finely chopped and cubed apple
- 1/2 tsp virgin coconut oil
- In a food processor, blender or magic bullet combine all ingredients except apple and coconut oil. Blend until mixture is a smooth, liquid batter.
- Fold in the apple chunks – these should be small cubes no bigger than ¼ inch square.
- In a large frying pan or griddle melt the coconut oil until liquid over medium heat.
- Pour the mixture into the 3 large cakes. Let the pancake cook until golden brown on bottom before flipping. This should only take 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot and top with coconut oil syrup (below), apple butter or chopped almonds!
Per Cake: Calories 225
Carbs 15g Protein 11.5g Fat 22.5g
from August 2012: Breakfast Classics!
Here are a couple breakfast of recipes from Victoria Felkar!!!!!!