Vegetable Frittataby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 550g leftover roast vegetables (eg onions, yams, sweet potato, broccoli, etc.) – (this also equates to ~ 1.25lb or around 4 ½ cups of mixed veggies)
- 150g organic goat feta cheese
- 2 cups chopped spinach (I use frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained)
- 5 free range eggs
- 250g organic cottage cheese
- Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Have a large baking dish ready, lightly sprayed with olive oil spray.
2. Chop up roasted veggies into bite-sized pieces and add to the dish.
3. Cut the feta into small chunks and set aside.
4. Add thawed spinach to the dish.
5. Beat the eggs and cottage cheese together in a separate dish. Season with salt and pepper (and any other spices you enjoy).
6. Fold the feta to the egg mixture. Stir throughout the vegetables.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set.
Nutrition (without garnish) – Serves 3
Carbs 30g (15g of dietary fibre)
from September 2011:
Hello fellow Mountain Doggers! I did some experimenting this month with free range eggs, and found some tasty recipes you will want to try!
— Recipes by Victoria Felkar