Snickerdoodlesby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 1/2 cup Organic Valley Pasture Butter softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup granular Splenda
- 1/4 cup raw brown sugar (or use 1/4 cup more granular Splenda to make 1 cup total sweetener)
- 1 large Organic egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla (to make these more “holiday” use 1 tsp of permit extract!)
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
2 tbsp Splenda
2 tsp. brown sugar
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. In large mixing bowl, combine the butter, 3/4 cup almond flour, “sugar”, extract, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Blend well with mixer until well combined.
2. Beat in the rest of almond flour, until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. **The mixture will be very stiff**
3. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and chill one hour or longer.
4. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line cookies sheets with parchment paper.
5. Combine rolling ingredients in small dish.
6. Scoop dough into around a 1 heaping teaspoon size, and form into balls by rolling. Roll dough ball in the rolling mixture.
7. Place on cookie sheets around 2 inch between apart.
8. Bake for around 14-16 minutes, or until they are slightly crisp-feeling to the touch.
9. Remove to a rack and let cool for 20-30 minutes before serving (if you don’t let me sit they can become crumbly).
Nutrition – Makes 24 cookies
Per cookie = 87 calories
from December 2011:
Holiday Cookies… Mountain Dog Style