Sautéed Green Beans and Cherry Tomato Saladby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of virgin olive oil in a large skillet at medium-high heat
2. Add green beans and cook, stirring often until they are seared in sports. This should take around 2-3 minutes total.
3. Add 1/2 cup of water, and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally for around 3-6 minutes depending on crispiness preference (3 minutes for crippy texture, 6 for tender)
4. Create a large well in the middle of the green beans- push them to the perimeter of the pan.
5. Add remaining olive oil, and garlic for 30 seconds, add in tomatoes and stir everything together. Cook only until tomatoes begin to breakdown.
6. Remove from heat. Stir in balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper.
7. For an extra kick add in a pinch of cayenne pepper.
from July 2011: