Pumpkin Pancakesby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 2 cage free, organic eggs
- 2-4 tbsp raw milk (can be replaced water)
- 2 tsp. melted virgin coconut oil
- 8 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp oat flour (just make by blending oatmeal, I just put mine a coffee grinder or bullet)
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Cloves (or Allspice)
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Nutmeg (OR Pumpkin Pie Spice , see below )
- 1/2 tsp. Free Baking Powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Stevia to sweeten
- ½ tbsp organic butter or virgin coconut oil (for cooking)
1. Mix wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Whisk dry ingredients in a smaller bowl.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Whisk well until lumps disappear.
4. Preheat a medium skillet or counter top grill.
5. Melt 1/2 tbsp. organic butter or coconut oil, greasing the pan/grill.
6. Pour desired amount of batter, spreading out evenly in a circle. Wait until bubbles appear around the sides.
7. When cooked on one side, flip and cook for about 15 seconds on the other side.
Top with organic butter, or your favourite syrup. Try adding walnuts or blueberries to the mix before cooking. And to jazz things up a bit try using it in a waffle maker!
Calories (with 3tbsp of raw milk) 338.5
from October 2011:
Mountain Dog Oct Pumpkin Themed Recipes !!!
— Recipes by Victoria Felkar