Oatmeal Pancakes with Crustless Quiche(post workout – yummy!)by John Meadows on January 15, 2013
Makes 6 large pancakes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups organic buttermilk
* Mix these two ingredients together and refrigerate overnight (or for at least an hour).
- 2 whole pastured and organic eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Splenda
- Preheat the griddle to a medium high setting.
- Stir eggs into the oatmeal until well blended.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, splenda, and cinnamon.
- Add to oats mixture and mix. Batter will be thick.
- Drop by large spoonfuls on griddle.
- Serve with warm sugar-free maple syrup (or apple or other fresh fruit toppings are good as well).
Fat – 4g
Protein – 11g
Carbohydrates – 30g
Dietary Fiber – 4g
from July 2010:
Our recipes this month come by way of a gentleman we call “Big Chef”. His name Adam Pearce and he has over 22 years experience as a Professional Chef. He has worked in various places such as 4-5 Star Hotels, Clubs, Restaurants and World Class Resort at Hayman Island. He shares his wealth of knowledge in Healthy Cooking/Diet etc. Adam says, I cook food from my heart and treat food with respect. Thank you Adam! Let us know what you think when you try these tasty and healthy dishes!