No Bake Oatmeal Protein Cookieby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 1 cup Splenda or any sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 scoops whey isolate (chocolate is best but mocha also works!)
- 1/3 cup almond milk (unsweetened vanilla or chocolate (40cals per cup))
- 2 tbsp Organic Valley Pasture Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened raw cocoa powder
- 1 pinch sea salt salt
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
*if you aren’t using a no stir brand of natural peanut butter, make sure you stir it super well before measuring out the ¼ cup
1. In a large saucepan, at medium heat, add the Splenda, almond milk, butter, cocoa powder, and salt. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for one minute, stirring frequently.
2. Remove from heat. Whisking quickly add in peanut butter, protein powder, and vanilla until well mixed.
3. Fold in oats.
4. Gently roll into golf-ball sizes and drop onto waxed paper. It’s not as pretty, but it is easiest just to plop down without rolling (gives a ‘haystack’ look)
5. Allow to set up for 15 minutes.
*Optional coat with additional cocoa powder, whey or finely chopped nuts. Store in an air tight container.
Nutrition – Makes 14 cookies
Per cookie = 97 calories
from December 2011:
Holiday Cookies… Mountain Dog Style