Mashed Yams with Eggsby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 2 cups of mashed yams
- 3 tablespoons of grated onions
- ½ cup red palm oil
- 1 ripe diced tomato
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- Sea salt and pepper
1. Boil yams until tender and then mash with a fork – set aside.
2. Add red palm oil to saucepan on medium heat and throw in onions.
3. Add tomatoes, and then remove from heat.
4. Stir in mashed yolks from 2 hard boiled eggs.
5. Add this mixture to the mashed yams you had set aside and stir until the color is even.
6. Put into a bowl and garnish with remaining eggs.
from May 2011:
Those of you on my program know that I love Organic Virgin Red Palm Oil. Here are some fun recipes that you can use it with!