Grass Fed Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry!by John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1/4 cup light teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1lb grass fed beef cooking steak (cut into thin strips)
- 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli, in small flowerets
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced into 1″ pieces
- Brown rice
* Prepare the marinade the night before or ensure at least 4 hours to marinade
1. Mix rice wine, light teriyaki sauce, reduced sodium soy sauce and garlic
2. Pour over steak (cut) and marinate in the fridge, covered in stainless steam or glass bowl.
The dish: * Start cooking your rice before you begin preparing vegetables. Prepare and chop all vegetables prior to heating the pan.
1. Pour off marinade and reserve.
2. Spray a cold frying pan or wok with non-stick spray and heat to mid high heat.
3. Add broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper and green onions. Cook, stirring at all times, for 3 or 4 minutes. Vegetables will be tender but still crisp. Remove vegetables from wok.
4. Turn pan to medium heat, add sesame oil to the wok. Add beef slices and cook until beef is just slightly pink in the center. Push the beef away from the center of the pan.
5. Stir the sauce mixture. Cook the sauce with the beef, stirring at all times, until the sauce thickens and bubbles.
6. Return the vegetables to the wok or pan. Stir all together until everything is well coated and heated through.
Serve over rice, or alone if you want a meal lower in carbohydrates.
Nutrition Info – serves 4:
Carbs (rice not included) 16g
from February 2011:
Recipes this month are once again brought to you by the awesome Victoria Felkar! Check out her website at www.victoriafelkar.com