Fried Plantainsby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 2 large plantains
- 2 cups of red palm oil
- Sea salt
1. Peel and cut the plantains crosswise into several ½ inch thick slices.
2. Heat oil in a skillet on medium.
3. Place the plantain slices in the oil. They should be floating in the oil.
4. Cook until they are crisp on the outside but soft inside (usually 8 to 10 minutes).
5. Remove from oil, and drain excess oil.
6. Sprinkle with sea salt and eat up!
from May 2011:
Those of you on my program know that I love Organic Virgin Red Palm Oil. Here are some fun recipes that you can use it with!