Field mushroom omelette (awesome for a low carb meal)by John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 4 field mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 whole pastured and organic eggs
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray field mushrooms with the olive oil or brush with the olive oil and grill under oven grill for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Pour olive oil into saucepan. Whisk eggs very lightly in a bowl and add salt and pepper. Heat pan over low heat and pour in egg mixture.
- Add chives and stir over low heat. When the egg mixture is still quite runny remove from heat and continue to stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Place scrambled eggs on top of mushrooms and serve immediately.
from July 2010:
Our recipes this month come by way of a gentleman we call “Big Chef”. His name Adam Pearce and he has over 22 years experience as a Professional Chef. He has worked in various places such as 4-5 Star Hotels, Clubs, Restaurants and World Class Resort at Hayman Island. He shares his wealth of knowledge in Healthy Cooking/Diet etc. Adam says, I cook food from my heart and treat food with respect. Thank you Adam! Let us know what you think when you try these tasty and healthy dishes!