Crustless Spinach and Cheese Quicheby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce around 1.5 cups) package frozen organic chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 5 free range eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (~6 oz) of any types of raw cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of garlic
- Top with garnish of choice – mushroom slices, tomato slices, scallions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Scoop into prepared pie pan.
4. Add garnish of your choice.
5. Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set or until edge starts to brown (and center no longer bubbles), about 30 minutes.
6. Let set for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition (without garnish) – Serves 2
from September 2011:
Hello fellow Mountain Doggers! I did some experimenting this month with free range eggs, and found some tasty recipes you will want to try!
— Recipes by Victoria Felkar