Cranberry Orange Muffins – Healthy Dessertby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
Makes 6 muffins
- 1 scoop Orange Creamsicle True Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup Splenda
- 3 whole pasutred and organic eggs
- 1 cup raw milk (or organic non-homogenized if you can’t get raw)
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup organic cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Using silicone muffin cups or regular lined muffin tins, spray lightly with non stick spray or rub with oil if not using liners.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients separately in a small bowl .
- Add garnish ingredients to wet and fold in.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it.
- Gently mix together the wet and the dry ingredients until just combined.
DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Fill muffin cups and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
DO NOT OVER BAKE!
- Let cool slightly, then remove from cups and eat warm. Muffins can be frozen and re-heated also.
Dietary Fiber 3g
from July 2010:
Our recipes this month come by way of a gentleman we call “Big Chef”. His name Adam Pearce and he has over 22 years experience as a Professional Chef. He has worked in various places such as 4-5 Star Hotels, Clubs, Restaurants and World Class Resort at Hayman Island. He shares his wealth of knowledge in Healthy Cooking/Diet etc. Adam says, I cook food from my heart and treat food with respect. Thank you Adam! Let us know what you think when you try these tasty and healthy dishes!