Coconut Pancakesby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 1.5 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ scoop of whey-isolate coconut flavoured protein powder
1 free-run organic egg
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon coconut milk
1 teaspoon melted virgin coconut oil
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients of the egg, coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together in separate bowl. Ensure dry mixture is blended well. Depending on the protein powder used, you might need to add a splash of warm water to create a batter consistency.
3. Gradually add the dry mixture into the wet mixture through whisking into a smooth batter.
4. Using a measuring cup, take around ¼ cup of the batter and place in center of the skillet. Cook for around 1-2 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Flip, and continue to cook for around 30 seconds, before removing from skillet.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 for the remaining of the batter (3 total pancakes at ½ cup each).
*This batter also works well in a pre-oiled (olive oil pam) waffle iron
Perserving = 250 calories
from March 2012: