Coconut Curry Seafood Stew with Sweet Potatoesby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
Makes 6 portions
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp. green or red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 can coconut milk (not lite)
- 1 cup water
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 3 carrots
- 10 large mushrooms
- 16 oz. jumbo shrimp
- 12 oz. scallops
- 12 oz. tilapia or other white fish cut into cubes
- 3 large green onions, including green parts
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
1. Dice all vegetables and combine in large oven safe pan.
2. Cook covered at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are almost fork tender.
3. Add the shrimp, scallops and fish and cook for another 12-15 minutes.
4. Garnish with green onions and cilantro when serving.
Per portion without rice:
Dietary Fiber 6g
Serve over Brown Rice or eat as is!
from July 2010:
Our recipes this month come by way of our friend Adam aka “Big Chef” again. His recipes last month were a big hit – so we asked him for more!!!!