Chocolate Coconut Macaroonsby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 1/4 cup oat Flour (made from grinding oatmeal and sifting it)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 organic free range egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic splenda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic/pastured butter, softened, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 tightly packed cups organic shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites and extracts until foamy, then stir in the splenda and butter until well blended.
4. Add the mixed dry ingredients to the egg mixture and fold in the coconut until everything is combined.
5. Form 16 equal balls of the mix (just over 1 tablespoon each)
6. Place the macaroons on the lined sheet pan and bake for approximately 15 minutes, until they start to turn golden brown all over.
7. Remove the macaroons from the oven and let cool completely, about 15 minutes, before serving.
Nutrition – Makes 16 cookies
from November 2011:
— Recipes by Victoria Felkar