Brazilian Riceby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 2 tablespoons of red palm oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
1. Heat the palm oil on medium heat in a skillet.
2. Sauté onion and garlic until they get tender.
3. Add in the rice and tomato and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
4. Add water and sea salt, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and then simmer for about 45 minutes (or until rice is done)
from May 2011:
Those of you on my program know that I love Organic Virgin Red Palm Oil. Here are some fun recipes that you can use it with!