Banana Protein Pancakesby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 3 scoops of whey isolate, favour of your choice
- (I enjoy True Proteins banana cream, coconut cream or French vanilla)
- 1/3 cup of oat flour
- 1/4 cup of quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon if desired
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 large organic free-run egg
1 tablespoon organic regular Greek yogurt
1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Mix well with a whisk, ensuring that there are no clumps.
2. Fold in the wet ingredients, mixing well.
3. Using oil olive pam, coat a non-stick skillet. Heat skillet over medium-low heat.
4. Using a measuring cup, take ½ cup of the batter and place in center of the skillet. Cook for around 1-2 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Flip, and continue to cook for around 30 seconds, before removing from skillet.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 for the remaining of the batter (3 total pancakes at ½ cup each).
Nutrition – 3 pancakes
Per serving = 255 calories
from March 2012: