Banana Coconut Macaroonsby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
I can’t take credit for this one! By Leanne Voge of Healthful Pursuit
- 3 egg whites
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 325F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
3. Form mixture into golf-ball-sized balls, place on prepared cookie sheet and flatten just slightly.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
5. Allow to cool for 10 minutes
Nutrition – Makes 12 cookie
Per cookie = 119 calories
Carbs 9g (3g fibre, 4g sugar)
from December 2011:
Holiday Cookies… Mountain Dog Style