Sweet Potato Hashby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small firm tomato, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large sweet potatoes (around 2 cups), peeled and grated coarsely
- Rock salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet at medium and add the onions to cook for around 2 minutes.
2. Add garlic, green pepper and sweet potatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook 10 to 15 minutes before adding in tomatoes.
3. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until potatoes start to get golden brown, without allowing the tomatoes to get too soft.
* Avoid mixing too much or else the potatoes will become too loose. Think less about “stirring” and more about “flipping” the hash during the cooking process.
Nutrition – Serves 4
Per serving: 164 calories
from May 2012:
Some quick and easy recipes that will add some variety to one of the mountain dog staples – Sweet Potatoes!