Sweet Potato Friesby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 2 large (around 2 cups) sweet potatoes; cut into small strips
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- Coarse rock salt salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a small bowl mix the oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place strips on large cookie sheet lined with tin foil.
4. To ensure that you don’t waste any of the oil mixture, coat the potato strips by using a cooking paint brush. Ensure that all the fries are coated well. Arrange on the cookie sheet in a single layer.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn them and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until soft on side/crisp on outside.
*Sweet Variation – Sprinkle the oiled and salted wedges with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of stevia blend (with filler)
Nutrition – Server 4
Per Serving: 120 calories
from May 2012:
Some quick and easy recipes that will add some variety to one of the mountain dog staples – Sweet Potatoes!