South-western Top Sirloin Salad – Salads Made Yummy!by John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 1 tbsp grated lime rind
- 1/3 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 10 oz (around ½ pound) Grass Fed Beef Top Sirloin Steak (about 1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups quartered mushrooms, halved
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tbsp minced fresh coriander or parsley
- Pinch sea salt and ground pepper
1. In bowl, combine lime rind, lime juice, coriander, chilli powder and garlic. Set aside 4 tablespoons into a large bowl for dressing.
2. Rub remaining mixture over both sides of steak. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
3. Pat streak dry, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Grill over medium heat to preferred taste (5-min per side will give you medium rare). Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
5. While steak is grilling, in a large skillet over medium to high heat add in around ½ cup of water, onion, garlic and steam until soft. Add mushrooms, and cook until soft (around 5 minutes- you might need to drain off excess liquid). Reduce heat to medium, add in tomatoes. Cook, stirring until just softened (around 5 minutes).
6. In a small bowl, whisk extra virgin olive oil into reserved marinade to finish dressing.
7. Thinly slice steak.
8. In a large bowl put shredded lettuce, mushroom/tomato mixture, steak and dressing. Toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Info – serves 2:
Protein 29g (5oz)
from February 2011:
Recipes this month are once again brought to you by the awesome Victoria Felkar! Check out her website at www.victoriafelkar.com