Roasted Turkey Breast Stuffed with Spinach and Walnutsby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
Makes 6 portions
- 1 large fresh free-range turkey breast, boneless and skinless (average 2 lbs)
- 4 cups fresh spinach washed or 2 cups frozen
- 4 Tbsp. roasted garlic or 2 Tbsp. fresh raw
- 1/4 cup walnuts lightly crushed
- Sea Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Avocado OR Macadamia Nut Oil (stable up to 450-500 degrees)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Butterfly Turkey Breast (cut along side and lay out flat leaving attached at one end like a book) and lay out flat on cutting board. You can pound it slightly to flatten a bit if you want.
2. Rub both sides with Oil and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Lightly wilt spinach in non-stick pan, or if using frozen just thaw.
4. Spread roasted garlic paste onto one half on inside of turkey breast.
5. Sprinkle with crushed walnuts.
6. Place spinach on top of walnuts.
7. Fold top over and place on a rack fitted inside a sheet pan or roasting pan.
8. Place turkey in oven and bake for 20 minutes on 400. Then reduce heat to 325 and roast for an additional 30 minutes, or until inside stuffing reaches 145 degrees.
9. Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Protein 37 g
from July 2010:
Our recipes this month come by way of our friend Adam aka “Big Chef” again. His recipes last month were a big hit – so we asked him for more!!!!