Ricotta Cheesecakeby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 1 lb whole milk ricotta cheese (a 15-oz container works fine)
- 3 free range eggs
- Juice and grated zest of one medium lemon
- Sugar substitute to equal 2/3 cup of sugar – liquid preferred (see link below)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- ½ cup strawberries or blueberries
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp Splenda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Separate the eggs, and beat the whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
3. Combine the egg yolks and the rest of the ingredients in another bowl.
4. Fold egg whites into the mixture and spread in a well-buttered medium pie pan.
5. Bake 25 minutes or until barely set in the middle (a toothpick will come out clean or almost so)
6. Chill completely before serving.
1. Blend berries, water and splenda in a mixer.
2. Drizzle over cooled cheesecake.
from June 2011:
Ok so we have to enjoy some really yummy food here and there right! Here are a couple of recipes from Victoria Felkar that are excellent!!!!!!