Quick and Easy Protein Pancakesby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 1/2 cup dry oats
- 1 scoop of whey isolate flavour of choice
- 1/4 cup organic egg whites
- pinch of Splenda if desired
- around ½ cup of blueberries (if you use frozen, thaw first and reduce liquids)
1. Take ½ cup of dry oats and grind into flour by using either a coffee bean grinder (works the best!), magic bullet or food processor.
2. Mix together oat flour, protein, and egg whites, until mixture is a smooth. Depending on the protein powder used, you might need to add a splash of warm water to create a batter consistency.
3. Using oil olive pam, coat a non-stick skillet. Heat skillet over medium-low heat.
4. Using a measuring cup, take ¼ cup of the batter and place in center of the skillet. Cook for around 1 minutes. Sprinkle blueberries on top and cook for another 30 seconds before flipping.
5. Flip, and continue to cook for around 30 seconds, before removing from skillet.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for the remaining of the batter.
*If you add the blueberries directly into the batter it becomes too heavy and you won’t be able to flip the pancake. By letting it cook a little bit before adding the blueberries you will create a stable base to create the perfect pancake.
Perserving = 350 calories
from March 2012: