Ginger Snaps!by John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 1/4 cup vanilla whey isolate
- 1/4 cup oat Flour
- 1 tbsp golden flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp powdered Stevia
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1.5 tbsp ginger (if you like a strong ginger flavour, use upwards of 2tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Pinch of cloves
- 1 tbsp organic brown sugar
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix, wet ingredients well.
4. Add wet ingredient to dry, and mix well, ensuring no lumps.
5. Spray a cookie sheet lightly with olive-oil cooking spray.
6. Roll dough into just-over tsp. size balls. For a harder “snap” flatten the dough balls into mini pancakes by using a spoon.
For softer “snaps” still flatten, but not as thin.
7. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until crisp and brown.
8. Sprinkle top with cinnamon
Nutrition – Makes about 12 cookies
Per cookie = 40 calories
from December 2011:
Holiday Cookies… Mountain Dog Style