Cinnamon Maple Wafflesby John Meadows on January 15, 2013
- 1 cup organic raw milk
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 large free range organic egg
- 2 tbsp maple sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp rock salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a blender, food processor or magic bullet blend on high for ~2-3 minutes: milk, oil, oats, egg, maple and vanilla. You want the batter to be thin enough to swirl, if it is not swirling then add more milk (the more dense the batter, the more dense the waffle)
- Only when batter is mixed thoroughly add baking powder, xanthan gum, salt and cinnamon.
- Spray the preheated waffle iron with EVOO spray (this will ensure that your waffle will be cooked to a golden ‘crispy’ brown)
- Pour the patter into the waffle iron. Bake until done.
- Serve warm with your choice of topping!
* To make into Pecan Pie Waffles: Add 3/4 cup of chopped pecans to batter before adding to waffle iron.
** Depending on the size of your waffle iron will depend on how many waffles you will produce. I will give the calories and macros for the entire batter. In a small press waffle iron I was able to make around 4 total waffles.
For Entire Batter: Calories 932
Carbs 93g Protein 31g Fat 48.5g
(divide by how many waffles you can produce!)
from August 2012: Breakfast Classics!
Here are a couple breakfast of recipes from Victoria Felkar!!!!!!